Thursday, September 16, 2010

You Deliver Me

Well, it's been a while since I have posted anything on the good ol' blog so I thought it would be appropriate to let you know what has been happening as of late and ask for prayer.

It was a year ago this week that the back pain started and I really can't believe that its been a full year.  It has been a very humbling experience to say the least.  I know in the past I was very judgemental of people with chronic pain and now I find myself asking for forgiveness for such judgement and hoping that people aren't judging or pitying me.  After 2 rounds of epidural shots, 4 + months of physical therapy, 10 lbs added and lots of tears I am ready for the pain to be gone.  I desire to be active again; to hike for hours, run, jump on the trampoline, do yoga and pilates.  On Tuesday I will be seeing a surgeon to find out what options I have.  I am pretty certain I know what my options are but I am still holding on to hope that there are more out there.  I have been told the procedure (an inner-body fusion) is non-invasive and has a fairly quick recovery time, but I would still prefer supernatural healing; wouldn't we all.  A few days ago I heard a song by Selah, You Deliver Me, and I don't like the contemporary Christian vibe, but the lyrics ring true.  So I will leave you with the link and ask that you partner with me in prayer that the Lord would heal my back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D86IpkYDjOo

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 2 Cor 12:9

1 comment:

  1. It has been hard to watch you suffer with you pain. I'm proud of the way you have dealt with it. I'm praying that your Dr. appt goes well and that you get some answers that will finally bring you resolution.

    Love you SO much,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete