Friday, November 25, 2011

My ways are not your ways

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts…            Isaiah 55:8-9

Tonya, my sister's friend, shared this verse in an email she wrote updating her supporters about her return from Africa a month premature.  My sister became very ill and was in need of medical attention that she couldn't receive in Africa.  As a result, Tonya traveled home with Lindsay.  Tonya longed to continue serving in Africa, but she also deeply desired healing for her dear friend.  She told me that she has really had to let go and allow the Lord to change plans because HIS ways are higher.

Lindsay went to the hospital immediately after landing in Arizona.  She spent 4 days in the ICU and another 3 in the hospital.  She couldn't speak, could barely smile but she was able to show her fear and frustration in the tears she shed.  Day by day she improved.  Her last day in the ICU a group of my friends from church organized a prayer time for Linsday; most of them have never met her. (We attend Roosevelt Community Church in downtown Phoenix and it is awesome).  During the time they were praying my siblings and I were able to go visit Lindsay in the ICU.  As soon as she saw us coming her face lit up; she looked like she was going to jump out of bed.  She was able to talk and laugh with us.  I KNOW Lindsay was able to speak and express herself because people were interceding on her behalf.  I truly believe in intercessory prayer and I think this definition shows what was happening for Lindsay.  Intercession is "holy, believing, persevering prayer whereby someone pleads with God on behalf of another or others who desperately need God's intervention."  God intervened then and continues to do so daily!!


This Thanksgiving season I am thankful for my family, Tonya (who is part of our family), friends who interceded on Lindsay's behalf, the doctors/nurses at the hospital and most of all that God's ways are higher than our ways.  I hope and pray you see God move in the ways that I have in the past 10 days!

2 comments:

  1. I think that prayer was happening everywhere! So thankful that Lindsay was able to get back home, and get help. Love to you all, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this. It is beautiful and sums up so much. Thanks for all you support this past week. Lindsay is doing amazing. She even went out shopping with Tonya today (on Black Friday!).

    ReplyDelete